The Definitive Spin is a cornucopia of pop-culture.
Music, Art, Fashion, Film, and everything in between.
Put your spin on the topics that relate to you.


Friday, January 22, 2010

Spin It: Let's Talk Coachella 2010 - Day 1




So recently the fine people at Goldenvoice announced the initial line-up for Coachella Art and Music Festical 2010. For those who haven't yet seen it, feel free to have a look below (and be sure to weigh in). I have been to the festival a number of times and it's one of the best weekend's of music a music whore (pronounced Hoo-er) like myself could attend.

Here's my spin on it...

Day 1:

Day one is a nice variety of artists of all genres. For fans of hip-hop and for those poor souls who have never seen Jigga (Jay-Z) perform, you will not be disappointed. I have had the good fortune of seeing him a number of times and he NEVER disappoints. He alone is worth the price of admission. During the day, to wet your pallet, I would highly recommend you check out the set from 2009 newcomer Wale (shout to my boys Matt and Kavi at Interscope for introducing me to Wale's sounds early last year). On the Electronica side of things, LCD Soundsystem, deadmau5, and Benny Benassi are sure-fire winners. For Alternative-heads, here is the short-list of can't miss acts (Thank me later): Them Crooked Vultures (Dave Grohl, Josh Homme, and John Paul Jones - hello??? - word is there are going to be a number of shows in LA pre-festival so keep your ears to the ground), Grizzly Bear, Vampire Weekend (who have a new MONSTER album out now), Passion Pit, She & Him (actress Zooey Dechanel's band), As Tall As Lions, and Iglu & Hartly. Fans of Ska should only look to one band to get their fix: The Specials. End of story.

That pretty much raps up Day 1. Did I forget anything? Let me know...




No comments:

Post a Comment