The Definitive Spin is a cornucopia of pop-culture.
Music, Art, Fashion, Film, and everything in between.
Put your spin on the topics that relate to you.


Friday, January 22, 2010

Spin It: Let's Talk Coachella 2010 Day 2



So recently the fine people at Goldenvoice announced the initial line-up for Coachella Art and Music Festical 2010. For those who haven't yet seen it, feel free to have a look below (and be sure to weigh in). I have been to the festival a number of times and it's one of the best weekend's of music a music whore (pronounced Hoo-er - Thank you Joey Pants) like myself could attend.


Here's my spin on it...

Day 2:
Day 2 is really Electronic and Dance heavy, which is definitely not a bad thing. I mean it's Saturday, you aint' got no job, and you aint' got shit to do but get your groove on. That said, there are certain acts that you need to go see to get that adrenaline goin. I'll start with Tiesto. Arguably the biggest and baddest DJ in the game, Tiesto will spend any and all energy you have left from the day's events. He kills it. Every time. Save all of your best go-to dance moves for him. You'll need them. The following acts are also "must sees", so pace yourself.
David Guetta came out with his 4th album entitled, "One Love" in August of last year and has been burning up the dance charts. He will definitely bring his A-game. The other three acts that are sure to get you on your feet are Kaskade (one of my all-time favorite House acts), Hot Chip, and Bassnectar , all whom I have seen multiple times and highly recommend. That pretty much sums my picks on the electronic front, now let me get to the rest of day 2.

Alternative fans, Day 2 has a wonderful line-up in store for you. Muse is a no-brainer with an amazing stage show and a sonic, mind-blowing, sound. In my opinion they were the second biggest band of 09 (Kings of Leon to me were #1) and are not to be missed. Faith No More was a real surprise for this year and were one of the first real alternative shows I went to when I was in High School (yes, I did just make myself look old). Mike Patton and company are sure to go through their set of hits and bring everyone back to their youth. MGMT, the critical darlings of 2008 are a great show and will be a sure-fire crowd favorite. Coheed and Cambria are just sick live and the musicianship is unparalleled. For a little break in the day be sure and check out Sia or Corinne Bailey Rae's sets. For me, the one act I am really looking forward to seeing is Brooklyn's own White Rabbits. Their 2009 album "It's Frightening" is one of my absolute favorite records of last year and if their live show is anything close to the album, everyone is in for a real treat.

Those are my picks for Day 2. What are yours? Put your spin on it...





No comments:

Post a Comment